Purpose: To provide leadership and coordination for the education programs of the congregation
and encourage the development and deepening of spiritual life for all.
• Sunday School:
◦ Decide age groupings for children & youth classes. Recruit teachers and helpers for each class—two adults per class.
◦ Plan adult groups for Adult Forum and recruit leaders for each group.
◦ Review curriculum materials from Mennonite Publishing Network and other sources. Make recommendations for materials. Order materials as needed.
◦ Review twice a year with each teacher the progress and status of each class.
◦ Determine where each Sunday school class will meet. Monitor classroom conditions and make recommendations to Facilities Committee as required.
• Youth Group:
◦ Choose and support youth group leaders. Leaders will have an estimated two
year commitment and must pass the background check required by the Safe
◦ Will function as an advisory for youth group activities. Each youth (age13+)
will be invited to participate in planned activities. Regular contact will be maintained to monitor the status of the youth group and reported to Council.
• Youth Formation:
◦ Will create and/or coordinate services for the following as it applies to our youth.
Bible Presentation (9 years)
Coming of Age Celebration (12 years)
Catechism and Baptism (14-15 years)
Sending/Blessing (18 years or graduation from high school)
3-5 members including a Chair with 2 year staggered terms.