Guidelines for Use of Church Facility
- Only people known to the Cincinnati Mennonite Fellowship (CMF) church family may use the building.
- Non-CMF members must pay $100 for basement use; $175 for whole building use.
- The CMF member known to the people using the building (the sponsor) is obligated to supervise and be present during the use. If more than one CMF member knows the users, one CMF member will be designated the sponsor.
- The function must fit Cincinnati Mennonite Fellowship’s purpose and best interests. The church office will make final decisions on specific functions and at times may consult with the Council Chairperson.
- The group representative must be 21 years or older.
- Rooms may be reserved not more than 6 months before an event. Cincinnati Mennonite Fellowship functions take priority.
- Fees need to be paid when the reservation is finalized.
- Group representative is responsible for coordinating access to the church.
- Only the area designated is to be used.
- Lit candles must be supervised at all times.
- Capacity in space being used must not exceed fire code limits.
- Coffee maker is available with prior arrangement. The group must furnish all other supplies.
- Children must be supervised at all times, without exception.
- The reserved areas, including restrooms, must be cleaned and left arranged as found. Trash is to be securely tied in plastic bags and then placed in the trash corral outside the kitchen.
- Smoking is not allowed in the building.
- No gambling, games of chance, drugs, or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the building or on the premises.
- All events must end, with everyone out of the building, by 11 pm.
- CMF sponsor duties:
- Coordinate use of sound system, if desired, with the Facilities Committee Chair.
- Get building key from a Facilities Committee member.
- Open building before event.
- Prepare the facility used for its next scheduled use: Clean area used. Remove all decorations users added. Replace any CMF items moved or rearranged for use.
- Return heat or air-conditioning to its previous setting if it was altered for use.
- Confirm that all candles are extinguished.
- Confirm that all lights and the sound system are turned off.
- Check that all doors and windows are closed and locked (including those doors not personally unlocked) to ensure that the entire building is secure.
- Return key to Facilities Committee member from whom it was borrowed.
Click HERE for application.